Monday, October 25, 2004

And so it begins...

I went up to work this morning between classes to deliver some paperwork... a blank cheque for direct deposit purposes, that sort of thing. I talked to my boss and she hadn't made up the schedule yet, but promised to call me later this afternoon to let me know when I'd be working.

Around 7:00pm, she called to give me my schedule for the week: Tuesday from 1:00pm to 9:00pm; Thursday from 10:00am to 1:00pm; and Saturday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. I didn't think to ask if coming in at 10:00am really means coming in at 10:00am, since that's when the mall actually opens. Presumably I have to be there a bit early to help with the cash and setting things up? Ditto with leaving at 9:00pm. WTF?

Anyway, at least I don't have to work Thursday night so I can catch Naomi Klein at my uni. Although it turns out that the lecture is taking place in the chapel rather than the Ted Daigle theatre; just part of the fun of attending a Catholic university. Man, I don't like the idea of sitting in a pew for however long this thing will be. It's also going to be fucking packed in there. There's posters up all over campus and I actually saw a commercial for it on television the other night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home